First of all, we are all fine here in Sleepy Hollow. Thursday, we had an amazing set of storms come through our little town. Those of you who know me, know I LOVE thunder and lighting! So, I was in hog heaven! Micah and Torrey and the other hand, could have done without some of the crashing booms! The Fox River is really an amazing sight right now . . . . it has overflowed into people's yards and streets in West/East Dundee. The Dundee cemetery is a mess! HUGE, GIGANTIC trees have been either torn in half or ripped out of the ground and toppled over. It is a miracle that the roots of the trees did not bring up any caskets . . . (or at least i didn't see any). Thank you God, our basement is DRY! Not a lot of people in our area could claim the same. Our poor neighbors have been pumping water out of their basement and taking up soaked carpet. Micah kept telling me during the storm to stop "doing that". He meant to stop the thunder. Like I had any control over it. Sienna didn't care . . . she said "uh, oh . . " when she'd hear a roar of thunder. Torrey and I went driving around and took some of these pictures . . . if you click on the picture you get a large version of it. The cemetery one is incredible!
No comments:
Post a Comment