
Sienna turned ONE on Sept. 5th. I can hardly believe she's been with us only one year, since it feels like she's been part of our family all along. We celebrated her b-day on the 8th with a cake & ice cream party.
Very simple and fun. The weather was just perfect, around 78 degrees. The cake, well, lemon-raspberry. : ) I figured with Torrey and Daniel's b-day coming soon, I'll be eating chocolate cake for 2 months! I'm sure Sienna will convert to chocolate someday (like a true Thomas), but until then, I get to choose for her.On a sad note, my grandmother passed away on August 30th. She had been battling cancer for several years now, and was growing weaker and weaker. Sienna and I flew to CA for 3 days to help my mom with sorting/cleaning out my grandmother's apartment and just to be there as a support.
It was a good thing we went, and we had a good time with my mom. PLUS as an extra bonus, Sienna got to visit her Tia Nena (my mom's cousin), Poppa & Gee Gee (Galen's parents) and The Wayne family (Galen's sister & her brood). I am left with great memories of my Abuelita Ramona. I thank her for introducing me to my VERY FAVORITE FOOD of all time -- yes, you guessed it, ARTICHOKES! I remember going to visit her and entering her home to the smell of delicious, scrumptious, artichokes steaming . . . . the taste of REAL butter and mayonnaise dipping sauce will forever be on my taste buds. As I think of it, she was the instigator of my many culinary delights . . . lemon pie, menudo, boldo tea . . . . Abuelita you will be missed.

No comments:
Post a Comment