We have had unseasonably warm weather here in the Chicagoland area! Galen felt it was the last weekend that we could play on the boat before the weather started getting colder. We decided to go to Lake Clinton near Champaign/Urbana, IL. Galen, Torrey, Daniel, Maddie (Torrey's Friend) and Gus (Daniel's friend), left around 7 a.m. on Saturday. Sienna, Micah and I didn't really leave until 9:30ish (I am not a morning person). Unfortunately, the kids and I hit some pretty heavy traffic, but eventually got to my brother's place in Champaign. We loaded up the vans (again) and the Garcia's/Thomas' were on our way to catch up to the boaters. It was a pretty nice place and the water was so warm. We had a good time setting up "camp" at a little beach cove and relaxing. While the older kids explored and played on the boat, the little ones built sand castles and just splashed around at the edge of the lake. Everyone had a great time and our Captain Galen kept us all safe and sound. I even got to back the trailer into the lake (to Galen's surprise). And I did a pretty darn good job! Yeah!!!!
Monday, September 24, 2007
Lake Clinton . . here we come . . .
We have had unseasonably warm weather here in the Chicagoland area! Galen felt it was the last weekend that we could play on the boat before the weather started getting colder. We decided to go to Lake Clinton near Champaign/Urbana, IL. Galen, Torrey, Daniel, Maddie (Torrey's Friend) and Gus (Daniel's friend), left around 7 a.m. on Saturday. Sienna, Micah and I didn't really leave until 9:30ish (I am not a morning person). Unfortunately, the kids and I hit some pretty heavy traffic, but eventually got to my brother's place in Champaign. We loaded up the vans (again) and the Garcia's/Thomas' were on our way to catch up to the boaters. It was a pretty nice place and the water was so warm. We had a good time setting up "camp" at a little beach cove and relaxing. While the older kids explored and played on the boat, the little ones built sand castles and just splashed around at the edge of the lake. Everyone had a great time and our Captain Galen kept us all safe and sound. I even got to back the trailer into the lake (to Galen's surprise). And I did a pretty darn good job! Yeah!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment