Whew! Sorry to all those who have been anxiously waiting another riveting update from the Thomas Family (Just Kidding). Since I've joined Facebook I have fallen to the "dark side" and abandoned my blogging duties. Facebook seems to be my "blog" now . . . but I know there are some of you who still have the will power to resist the call of FB, so this update is just for you.
Let me see . . . We'll start with Galen's new position at The Chapel. As many of you know, he was called to take the position of Associate Pastor of the Barrington Campus. In January, he was offered the position as Director of Human Resources for all 5 campus sites. This has been an amazing opportunity for him and he really is enjoying his new responsibilities and learning so much. His office is in Grayslake, so his commute is longer, but he is able to work out of the Barrington campus which is 12 min. from our home 1 day week. He is THRILLED to have gotten "our" boat out of storage for the summer and has enjoyed a few outings on the river.
Micah finished his school year strong and is gearing up for another fantastic year at Children's House Montessori School in West Dundee. He turns 5 on July 23rd. He is amazing at how he names (and pronounces)the different species of dinosaurs! It is pretty impressive!!! He is so inquisitive and always asking a million questions!!!
Sienna is a spunky 2 year old. She is just like her mamma (Heaven help ME!) She turns 3 on Sept. 5th and is in the midst of "potty trains" as she calls it prior to starting her 1st year at the Montessori. She too is a smart cookie and has memorized the entire book of "Pinkalicious" and can recite it word for word. She is truly a girly girl too, with bows in her hair and painted nails and toes.
Torrey finished her freshman year of HIGH SCHOOL! She has become an unbelievable beautiful young lady. She was also playing soccer for her high school as well as continuing her riding lessons. She enjoys texting and talking on the phone (which almost 16 year old doesn't?)
Daniel also has continued to play soccer on a Chicago travel team. Again, he finished the school year very strong and will be starting 8th grade in the fall. He recently has been taking up clay pigeon shooting with Poppa (Glenn - Galen's dad). He is an extremely good shot, hardly missing any!
Me, I am very busy building up my photography business as well as chasing the two little ones around. I've started booking a few weddings and will do it for 2 years to see if this is the business route I'd like to continue. I have been learning a lot from friends who are amazing at their art, as well as just practicing every chance I get (latest vacation I downloaded over 1,000 pictures). I enjoy it immensely, but am trying to figure out a balance between business and family.
As a family, we recently were given the honor of joining Grace and Glenn on a cruise to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. It was amazing!!! Our original plan was to go to Mexico, but due to the swine flu outbreak, we were re-routed to the Pacific Coast (Seattle, Victoria BC & San Francisco). It was a wonderful 7 day cruise and we had a BLAST! We also stayed an additional week to spend with friends and family in California. Copy the link below to your web browser and you should get the facebook album for our CA 09 trip:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2025044&id=1437933396&l=4f85bb2c7d
Well, it is late and I am sleepy! My poor hubby has gone to bed . . . . I promise I'll update this blog more often. Until next time . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment