Sunday, April 27, 2008

Yummy Worms!





Spring has finally arrived here in Illinois. Although, our spring is still cold (in the 50s), at least it is above freezing and not snowing anymore (knock on wood). Micah, Sienna, Galen and I have been having some good outside time weeding, cleaning last Fall's leaves from between the bushes, and planting new flowers and vegetables. I'm even trying to grow a mini vineyard to remind us of our dream -- retirement in San Luis Obispo. Here are some pictures of the kids trying to fill in the holes that Galen had just dug up. They were having a blast with finding worms and feeding them to a little birdie who would cautiously come close enough to grab a worm here and there. Sienna figured, "Well, if the bird likes them, maybe I will too". I noticed her secretly putting something in her mouth . . . when I asked her "What are you eating" She looked at me with these sheepish looking eyes. I said, open your mouth. And yes, there were remains of the poor little worm, she had hugged not more than 1/2 hour prior. Well, I've heard they have a lot of protein. Go figure, we couldn't get her to eat her pizza last night, but somehow worms have passed her taste test.

No comments: